Boondocking Tips Before You Boondock Series
Fun in the Sun!
Boondocking Tips Before You Boondock
This is Laura & Sasha of Laura-n-Sasha’s Excellent Adventure coming to you from Clark County Shooting Complex, a campground in North Las Vegas, NV. We are using the campground as a place to do chores until we leave to boondock in amazing places.
Sasha has a boondocking spreadsheet that he started on December 18, 2013. As it is the fourth anniversary of that spreadsheet, we thought it might be nice to go over our Boondocking Tips Before You Boondock.
From December 18, 2013 to now, we’ve boondocked 393 days. That is with four summers (May through September 30th) of being connected in an RV spot. Every spring, fall, and winter of 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 we were boondocked for part of the time.
Fun in the Sun!
In the beginning, the first tip was the mindset of a boondocker. We enjoy the peace and quiet of boondocking when alone in the wilderness just as much as being with other boondocking groups.
When you are by yourself, you have to make your own fun. This fun can be grouped into two:
- Sitting: Reading, writing, creating, crafting, watching, photographing, cooking, or sunning (although I am sure there is more!)
- Active: Hiking, biking, walking, swimming, riding (again, I am sure there are more things…)
When it is you and family, there are added activities:
- Sitting: Talking, singing, telling stories, games, plus the ones above.
- Active: schooling, rafting, plus the ones above.
Once you get into a group of people in an area:
- Sitting: Sharing knowledge, ideas, brainstorming, storytelling, joking
- Active: Group classes, seminars, group rides or hikes, potlucks and shared dinners.
Usually there is something for everyone when boondocking. You could be with the masses in Quartzsite or be all alone near Canyonlands National Park, Needles District. There are tons of places to go. And enjoy.
<<<If you go back, you can see the Cost or If you go forward, you can see Prepping >>>
Please check back each day for the next part of the series. Signing up to our eNewsletter will get you all the posts in one PDF, plus a worksheet to use for your first adventure!